Swaffham Golf Club was established in 1922 as a 9 hole course. In September 2001 an additional 9 holes were opened, which transformed the course into an attractive and demanding 18 holes. Most of the new holes were carved out of an area of mature woodland and have blended well with the older part of the course. Being on Breckland the course remains well drained and on main greens when many other courses in the region are very muddy or closed.

Swaffham Golf Club was founded on 3rd May 1922 by a meeting of just 17 people who decided to build a new 9 hole course on Cley Road. The land was owned by Rear Admiral Harbord-Hamond 10th Baron Suffield and he was the first President of the club. Six local gentlemen paid £50 each to build the course - allowing for inflation that is about £18000 in 2022. The course was laid out and built by Captain B.K. Wilson who was the secretary of Royal West Norfolk. The course opened on 19th October 1922, six months later. The Suffield Estate was sold in 1957 and Heygates became our landlords.

Course Status
Currently open
06.05.2022 13:46
View Status
No restrictions
Weather

The weather provided by WorldWeatherOnline.com is not currently available.

Need to know more weather details? Click here to see the weather for the next 5 days.
Book a Tee Time
Ready to book?

Our booking system will make it easy for you.
News
  • Barnard Trophy match report
    newsthumbnail